Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is a combination of powerful process improvement methodologies with primary focus on reducing waste, streamlining processes, and increasing efficiency to provide a better and faster response to the needs of the customers we serve, both on campus and beyond.
You can earn your Yellow Belt through three (3) instruction sessions. Upon completion of the course, participants will be certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt practitioners and prepared to share applicable tools and skills with their departments to advance strategic goals.
- Obtain a working knowledge of the tools of process improvement/Lean Six Sigma and how to apply them specifically to a higher education setting
- Describe and apply the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) approach to process improvement
- Gain the ability to identify “non-value added” activities
- Discover how imprecise, ambiguous information can stall process improvement
- Recognize the value of integrating the “voice of customer” into process improvement projects
Upcoming Training Dates:
July Cohort - Click here to register
- 07/10/2023 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- 07/12/2023 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- 07/14/2023 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
August Cohort - Click here to register
- 08/14/2023 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- 08/16/2023 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- 08/18/2023 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
September Cohort - Click here to register
- 09/11/2023 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- 09/13/2023 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- 09/15/2023 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
October Cohort - Click here to register
- 10/09/2023 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- 10/11/2023 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- 10/13/2023 from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) launched the LSS Yellow Belt training in the fall of 2021 to complement the LSS Green Belt training program. The LSS Yellow Belt training leverages gamification, hands-on practice with common tools and templates, and a restaurant-themed project simulation. The Yellow Belt training sessions also provide examples to highlight the many ways in which LSS can assist teams in adopting a process-first, continuous improvement mindset. Over 200 staff have completed the training so far, and you can join that number!
For more information or to register, please visit the Lean Six Sigma webpage. Additionally, you can view a visual diagram of expectations for the registration and training process, created with Promapp.
If you are interested in receiving a notification once additional sessions become available, please contact email@example.com to be included in future outreach.