Connect Sites, a website hosting and content management service, provides easy, self-editable content, simple web forms to create on the fly, and myriad advanced features available via plug-in "modules."
The service features hosting along with ongoing maintenance and management via the Cloud service provider Pantheon to ensure 24x7x365 availability, performance, and security.
Connect Sites features include:
- Drupal and Wordpress Development
- Separate development, test, and live environments
- HTTPS provided via Let's Encrypt
- Fastly's CDN
- New Relic performance monitoring
- 20 GB of dedicated, SSD storage
- High-availability, high-performance web server hosting
- Ongoing maintenance of platform security via regular updates
- Daily backup with the ability to restore data up to two months
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime via automated system monitoring
- Service calls during normal UCSB business hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays)
- Higher performance tiers, potentially at additional costs above the CGF (core) funded base level
Visit ucsb.service-now.com/it and click on the Messaging, Collaboration, and Communications Services box, then click UCSB Hosted Website Services.
Our service does not include web design. The Marine Science Institute's (MSI's) Ocean O'Graphics and LSCG's Web Development and Design studios have the expertise to get customers started.
Our service does not include ongoing site updates required by Drupal platform changes. Each Drupal platform version is supported by the authors for approximately 6 years, after which we can no longer continue to provide hosting. Major version updates to the Drupal platform may require design changes to your site for which you'll need to coordinate with your site developers. We recommend planning to undergo a site upgrade every four to five years.
Visit the IT Services Catalog at ucsb.service-now.com/it and follow the same instructions as above, or call x5000 or (805) 893-5000 for assistance.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
The Service Level Agreement for this service is based on Pantheon.io and typically has 99.99% availability.
UCSB Web Theme
The UCSB Web Theme is an out-of-box website-building solution for university websites. It offers pre-build page layouts, modular design tools, and continuous enhancement free of charge. Learn more at Web Theme User Guide site.