Departmental VPN service is operated alongside the campus VPN service and provides connected clients an IP address on a UCSB departmental network. It is intended for use by departments hosting services behind a departmental firewall or ACL that restricts the usage of those services to users on the same network. Departmental VPN requires MFA, and departments can independently manage who is permitted use of their VPN.
What You Need
- A UCSBNetID with a valid affiliation
- At least one device enrolled with UCSB MFA (Duo Security)
- A network connection (for example: cable modem, DSL)
- A UCSB-customized VPN client for your machine with a Connection Profile configured with:
- UCSB Remote Access Trusted
- Server name: https://ps.vpn.ucsb.edu/ra-trusted
- Your Department must have established service on Departmental VPN
- Departmental VPN Request Form
Read installation and usage instructions. Contact email@example.com for questions, troubleshooting, and support.